This post will be sharing my initial ideas and I would develop them further by finding some more inspiration.
I have a plan, so now I have to think about what to design / make. I am going to list out what did I want to design / make in the beginning.
- Water bottle
- Kitchen utensil
- Small furniture (a multifunctional hanger?)
As I would like to do something related kitchen and domestic products, I can focus on this area, and think further. Therefore, I sometimes stand in kitchen or bedroom, and think about a question “what kind of problems I am facing in daily live?”
- Hard to do laundry in such a small room (Not enough space to hang the clothes)
- Shoes are everywhere, but no space to put a shoes shelve.
- Do not have a good storage for underwear or tiny clothes.
- The cabinet is small, but I have lots of spices.
- Hard to
- store bags of dry fruit and nuts, and spices in bag.
- No good place to dry the utensils.
Based on the problems I raised up, the specific products I should look up for:
- a multifunctional hanger
- A shoes rack
- A rack for spices and bags of nuts etc
- A container/rack to dry the kitchen utensils
Now, I am searching up online for home furniture products, and I will post the research below:
I wanted to get inspiration from book shelves, to design a shoe shelve and I found this is useful. I think book shelves and shoes shelves, sometimes look similar, and their functions are quite similar too.
I am scrolling around in IKEA webpage to find inspirations, also, looking at the existing products. Ikea is one of the famous company for home furniture. As I want to design something like rack or whatever for storing spices in bottles or bags, I think it would be a great idea to look at Ikea products. And now, I have some ideas in my head, I would stop it here, and start drawing something. I will post the sketching today. Hopefully, I can complete the tasks I set to myself.